Be The First To Know
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and stories in the interior design across the Middle East straight to your inbox
ME retail sector growing with investors recognising potential
According to a recent report published by market research firm RCNOS called Middle East Retail Sector Forecast to 2013, the Middle East is showing signs of steady growth as investors recognise its potential.
Economic factors such as a diverse market with stabilised crude oil prices, a high population of expatriates and continued strong consumer spending along with good tourism links show why the MENA region has room to grow.
“Leading retailers and franchises such as Landmark Group, Jashanmal, Chalhoub Group, EMKE, Russo’s Coal Fired Italian Kitchen and MAF are all investing in expansion plans by rolling out stores and malls across the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries, highlighting some of the business opportunities for retail companies that this market currently has to offer,” said Michaella Black, project manager, InRetail.
“Every retailer needs to implement management systems and the challenge lies in selecting which solutions are best suited to the individual retailer as they each have their own set of objectives and specific requirements,” she added.
The InRetail exhibition at INDEX will help retailers to identify and evaluate technologies, so they can streamline efficiencies, add to the consumer experience and build brand loyalty whilst optimising store performances to increase overall profitability, added Black.
She said InRetail has received a positive response from the suppliers and retailers specialising in the latest information technology.
Some of the technologies to be featured at the show include:
- Tensator, a supplier for queue management, will be showcasing its latest products. Abdel Aziz Rahal, general manager MEA, Tensator, said converting waiting time into extended shopping time can help boost impulse sales by up to 400% and therefore maximises dollars per square metre.
- Enterprise solutions SAP will be educating retailers on its ERP solutions during the InRetail Summit, whilst Hewlett Packard will be showcasing its latest systems for POS.
- Software companies such as Microsoft Dynamics’ AX solutions will be represented by Lev Tech Consulting and Head Start Global who are working with brands such as AVIS and Meat Co.
- Almoe Digital Solutions will be representing Epson with the latest Auto ID products, POS and POS printing machines.
- Other key brands that will be exhibiting at the show include Soma Display, Kinnersley Kent Design, Mainetti, Modern Expo Group, Starsline, LP Flex, LED World, Technostyl and many others.
InRetail will take place during INDEX 2011 between October 22-25, 2011 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.