Cassidy Turley, a commercial real estate service in the US, has achieved LEED Gold status for its commercial interior design for its St Louis headquarters.
Located in the Centene Plaza office tower, Cassidy Turley’s full floor headquarters houses 100 associates in 27,000 square feet of office space.
Of the 14 commercial interior LEED projects in Missouri, the company, is only the third to have been awarded the LEED Gold certification.
LEED for commercial interiors is the internationally recognised system for certifying high-performance green interiors that are healthy, productive places to work; are less costly to operate and maintain; and have a reduced environmental footprint.
“We are extremely proud to accomplish the LEED Gold certification in our St. Louis office, it is a tremendous accolade and a testament to our solid commitment to do what is in the best interest of our clients, employees, communities and the environment,” said Tim Walsh, managing principal of Cassidy Turley.
“This achievement joins a host of others that comprise our larger sustainability strategy focused on environmental and corporate responsibility.”
According to Rick Fedrizzi, president, CEO & founding chair, US Green Building Council, the strength of USGBC has always been the collective strength of its leaders in the building industry.
Cassidy Turley Sustainability Services handled the day to day project management incorporating a variety of sustainable strategies into the office that positively impact the project itself and the broader community. These features include:
• Over 75% of the construction waste was salvaged or recycled.
• Over 25% of the glass, wall base, floor laminate and tile used was made from recycled content and manufactured within 500 miles of the project building.
• 95% of the equipment and appliances installed as part of the project feature the ENERGY STAR rating.
• Potable water use was reduced by 20%, when compared to the LEED baseline.
• The indoor environmental quality has been protected using 20% low emitting adhesives, sealants, flooring systems, composite woods and agrifiber throughout the Cassidy Turley space.
• Maximised natural lighting and outdoor views through strategic space planning and the incorporation of large expanses of glass in interior offices.
• Cassidy Turley off-sets 100% of the kWh used by purchasing Renewable Energy Credits (RECs).