Be The First To Know
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and stories in the interior design across the Middle East straight to your inbox
APID launches product design competition
Entries are being accepted for APID’s (Association of Professional Interior Designers) two phase product design competition that will see four designs sold at a charity auction at a FoID Gala Dinner on October 22.
The product design must fit one of the following three interior categories; Innovative interior finish, Interior furniture or Accessories.
The 10 shortlisted entrants are then required to produce their life-size product that will pack to a maximum size of two cubic meters.
Judging of the second phase of the competition will be held between October 16-22. The four best entries will be selected and put on display at the FOID Gala Dinner for the third and final round of judging.
The successful Platinum winning design will be sold at a charity auction but the design and the designer will receive a certificate, APID membership valid for one year and publicity through the support of APID, FoID, INDEX, industry publications and associated websites.
Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will also receive certificates. Winning entries will be on display to the public during FoID at INDEX, Dubai World Trade Centre from October 22-24.
Judges will consider form, function and innovation as well as the five underlying objectives. These are:
• ‘Educate’, to increase awareness of the interior design industry within the general public and among industry professionals;
• ‘Celebrate’, to give homage and celebrate the significance of the industry in both traditional and modern Arab culture;
• ‘Encourage’, to promote and discover emerging talent in interior design;
• ‘Highlight’, to focus on innovation and new design trends in the industry today;
• ‘Collaborate’, to promote and strengthen partnerships with similar interior design based groups and associations.
For information and to enter visit http://www.foid.ae/foid-product-design-competition/