The Commercial Interior Design Awards 2016 nominations deadline is fast approaching. All entries must be submitted online by Wednesday, 20 July, 2016.
The 10th annual Commercial Interior Design Awards will take place in Dubai, UAE on 21 September, 2016. As the deadline for nominations will be on Wednesday 20 July, the Commercial Interior Design editorial team has created a guide to understanding the awards process and ensuring your nominations stand out.
Spanning 17 categories, the awards recognise projects from across the region. Individually, 11 categories cover design projects, including office, hotel and leisure. The remaining six reward individuals and firms that have raised the bar in the region, such as Interior Designer of the Year and the Behind the Scenes awards.
This year, the industry will notice a couple changes made to the categories.
While we have removed the Reader’s Choice Award for Interior Contractor of the Year, we introduced a new category for the Interior Fit-out Project of the Year, which is based on quality of fit-out and quality in executing the overall concept.
We’ve added Best Interior Design Concept of the Year, which rewards the best interior design concept for commercial projects in the Middle East, completed in the last 12 months.
This year, we really want readers to tell us about their colleagues’ achievements and why they are so important, and the nomination process is designed to ensure it is as fair and transparent as possible.
In addition to submitting images of relevant work, the descriptive text allows judges to really understand the quality of the project completed by the individual or firm.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
Nominations are open to all design firms and studios located in the Middle East and North Africa, from the large and well-known to the independent, one-person outfits. If you work in a design firm in the Middle East, then you can nominate one or more of your colleagues and projects into the awards.
It is important to keep in mind that a project can suit one or more categories, and it can, therefore, be nominated for each relevant category. However, each nomination should be made particular to the category, and copy-and-paste submissions will be less likely to stand out among competitive nominations that have been tailored to suit that specific award category. The project-based award categories are only for commercial and residential projects from the MENA region that have been completed between July 2015 – July 2016. International projects can only be submitted in International Project of the Year category.
It is often worth asking human resources managers, public relations managers or marketing managers to help create outstanding nomination submissions and check that all the necessary criteria is covered. Additionally, we recommend having the general manager or appropriate head of department included in the nomination process.
WHO SHOULD YOU NOMINATE?
If you are the person chosen to champion the CID Awards within your respective office, then you have the difficult task of looking within your company’s wide portfolio and deciding what should be nominated.
Ultimately, the judges are looking for projects and individuals that are above and beyond the usual standard of work found in the region. It doesn’t have to be the most experienced person or the most well-known firm, rather a person who is conscientious and committed, who brings a fresh outlook to their role and as a result contributes something original to the industry.
Think about peers that are indispensable and inspire the rest of the team. Consider those that have overcome great odds in their careers and personal lives to achieve what they have.
Also, think about the projects that are most memorable and that demand the attention of their guests, customers and clients. These are projects that set milestones in the region’s growing design scene, and that remind us all that we are not here to match international standards, but rather to surpass them.
Nominations should be made online at www.designmena.com/cid-awards. Each submission should include clear images along with 500-words of text that describe why the nominated subject deserves to win.
By going to the website, nominators can upload a single PDF file with supporting images, not larger than 10mb.
But before getting started take a look at the guidelines listed below:
1. All design firms are eligible to nominate commercial and residential projects from the MENA region that have been completed between July 2015 – July 2016.
2. Images of finished projects, rather than renderings, should be submitted for the design sector categories.
3. Nominations must be made by design firm representatives, and we recommend having the nominations approved by PR or marketing professionals before being submitting.
4. Firms are allowed to nominate projects in as many categories as they wish. One project may be submitted multiple times to different categories, however, each nomination must be made separately and relevant to the category.
5. For categories awarding individuals and firms, submissions must include all relevant and up-to-date information on achievements over the past 12 months.
6. All nominations are free and must be submitted online at www.designmena.com/cidawards.
7. As well as including images and text relevant to the submission, please provide contact information in case further details are needed.
• Interior Design of the Year: Hotels
• Interior Design of the Year: Bars and Clubs
• Interior Design of the Year: Food and Beverage
• Interior Design of the Year: Office
• Interior Design of the Year: Public Sector
• Interior Design of the Year: Residential
• Interior Design of the Year: Retail
• International Project of the Year
• American Hardwood Export Council’s Outstanding Use of American Hardwood in the Middle East Award
• Sustainable Interior Design Initiative of the Year
• Interior Fit-Out Project of the Year (NEW)
• Best Interior Design Concept of the Year (NEW)
• Behind the Scenes Award
• Young Interior Designer of the Year
• Interior Designer of the Year
• Interior Design Boutique Firm of the Year
• Interior Design Firm of the Year
For general inquiries please e-mail: email@example.com. If you require anything else, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for nominee inquiries; email@example.com for table bookings; and firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities.